22 February 2007

Round One: Angela 4, Renee 1

Here's one ad from good old newyork.craigslist.org:

in the mood for opera and perhaps more? (38): my opera buddy is ill, so i am looking for somebody who might join me to the opera (Simon Boccanegra) tonite (7.30). vgl gwm here, looking for a nice and attractive guy (25-45). we will see if there is more after the opera (and in case there is much more, i am a top).
And another:
Anyone going to the Met's Simon Boccanegra tomorrow? (42): Let's catch a drink before/during/or after. I'm driving up from DC. I love this opera. I'm 42 6ft 175 lean inshape nerdy/cute fun bright but just LOVE opera. Anyone up for a drink?
And another:
The opera Monday night(Verdi-Simon Boccanegra) (52): Have an extra, inexpensive ticket for Monday.
Prefer someone who might be interested in dating as well as the opera, my age
or younger.
Successful,5'11", 182lbs
And yet another:
Drink during Met Intermission Monday 2/19????? (42): Ice storm, plague, or alien invasion couldn't keep me from driving up to NY from DC for Monday's performance at the Met of Verdi's Simon Boccanegra. I'm 42 6ft 175 lean inshape kind, funny, bright, nerdy/cute and an opera lover who would love to share Monday's performance with someone. Anyone going? I'm driving back afterwards. Let me know.
But Renee only gets the one:
Met Opera: Eugene Onegin last night - m4m (29): I was walking down the aisle in front of you last night.... did you notice me?
Round One goes resoundingly to Angela. Round Two happens this weekend. Stay tuned. Anyway, I hope everyone got to have their cake (Angela) and eat it too (ahem). And if you're that guy walking down the aisle in front of the other guy ... there are three more performances of Eugene Onegin to rekindle the moment.