11 September 2007

9/11

While spending much of the afternoon cleaning up my harddrive and my desk, I have CSPAN on for the testimonies of Gen. Petraeus and Amb. Crocker before the Senate. It's sickening that 6 years after the towers fell, these politicians are still trying to find their way out of Iraq, while soldier-kids and thousands of innocents die, for a deepening mess that has nothing to do with the towers falling 6 years ago. Which now should be perfectly obvious, but the wise Sen. Byrd still felt the need to ask Petraeus explicitly if he knows of any connection between Iraq and the attacks of 9/11. Petraeus said "none that I'm aware of."

This is not beating a dead horse. Question 88 of the just released NYT/CBS poll asked the following:

88. Do you think Saddam Hussein was personally involved in the September 11th, 2001 terrorist attacks against the World Trade Center and the Pentagon?

Yes 33% .... No 58% .... NK/NA 9%
One in three Americans still believe in a connection. I don't believe I know any of them personally ... leading me naturally to the question of the day: who the fuck are these people?